The children maybe born in the slum, but the slum is not born in them. They have got valid dreams...
Dreams from the slum is an initiative committed to making the dreams of vulnerable persons living in remote and desolate communities a reality through three pronged approach on Education, Empowerment and Mentorship.
The initiative reaches out majorly to children, teenage mothers and women and since inception, over 1000 persons has benefited from this Initiative.
The initiative uses formal, informal and apprenticeship education as a tool for
transformation; promoting literacy among the economically disadvantaged, bringing the
attention of the government and major stakeholders to the plight of vulnerable out of
school children living in economically disadvantaged communities, so their dreams can
become a reality.
With impact and influence cutting across Lagos, Oyo, Kogi and Edo States in Nigeria, the initiative is passionately making dreams of underprivileged persons a reality.
Through our Educational Centre for vulnerable persons ( children, teenagers and women) living in the slum, we offer the following services:
- A Library
- Support to a Low cost School and
- A Mentoring Hub
Through our literacy campaigns, over 1,000 vulnerable children and teenagers have been enrolled back into school since inception in 2013; as we ensure that every child regardless of social status has access to quality education.
ACHIEVEMENT AND AWARDS
- We have successfully helped 100 women to start and grow their businesses
- Every year, 50 out of school children are sponsored back to school
- Fellow of Leap Africa Social Innovators Programme 2015
- Humanitarian Award by Rotaract Club of Ogudu 2016
- Tush Awards on Best Use of Advocacy 2015 & 2016
- Award of humanitarian Service by Great Minds Organisation